Day 13- Andijk to Huizen


Advertisement
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Huizen
July 9th 2010
Published: July 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had to wake up early to pack our things up, because we were leaving Ben and Von that day. The twins again had school, so we said goodbye to them, and we think that they understood us, because they only speak Dutch and we only spoke English. With our things in our bags, we took them downstairs and left them in the laundry and helped ourselves to breakfast, again museli. We said goodbye to Von, w... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




9th July 2010

Bulk update
Great to read of 3 of your dutch days all at once, realising that you have not had easy internet access these past days. Fascinating family history and perhaps seeing a life of Kees that you / we didn't know much of. Back home.... scandal! Marion has been eliminated from Masterchef! Yesterday, not a work day, Tim and I made a bow from a willow spa and arrows from willow and bamboo. He has been firing then into the hay bales and cardboard perhaps like Will in the Rangers Apprentice books or like the Bushman in The Gods Must be Crazy as we watched this movie the day before - Tim enjoyed the philosophical angles behind the stories, enthocentricity, religion, war, purpose and women. Today we might find a new, less dangerous bike for him. We now have at least 2 lambs. We are in the end of a storm - I hope, as it is blowing, blowing, blowing - 80km/h or 129km/h on Kangaroo Island. There might be a bit of rain behind it, but the creek -filling is of course behind schedule. I have heard a trickle 100m downstream of 6 ways but not much evidence of it in the forest dam at CC2. There's a medium-sized bough off Leidy's tree, and Tim and I will scout for other damage today. Once again, thanks for the travelblog update, and its so good to hear of all your knew learnings. Everybody is enjoying reading them.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb