Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
September 6th 2016
Published: September 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

(Another entry I've already typed twice that simply disappeared.)

We'd docked at Amsterdam during the night. Our land excursion started at 8:30am on a bus to the edge of City Centre. From there we walked along the canals, among the uniquely narrow houses, to a shop that offered herring samples (we declined at 9:15am) and the boarding area for a canal tour boat about 10:00am, all the while avoiding the very aggressive bicycle riders that are everywhere.

The boat took us along the three main canals that serve the city. There are boats of all shapes and sizes tied up, most permanently as homes. Those large enough to live in are incredibly expensive, selling in the neighborhood of 1,000,000 Euros. This excursions ended with our docking about a block from our cruise boat.

The time had come to seriously finish packing. There was also the Viking questionnaire to complete and determining that amount for gratuities. None of it difficult. All of it time consuming.

Dinner for our last night was a bit more subdued overall. We called it a night about 10:00pm, so we could get up early enough to say goodbye to those leaving before us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb