Em's Day


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
March 23rd 2014
Published: March 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We made today all for Em so she could choose what to do for the day. Given some options, she chose the TunFun playground in the city centre. It is a playground built in an old pedestrian and vehicle underpass. It costs 8.50 euro for kids to play all day and free entry for adults. First we had to find it. The trams are pretty easy to figure out so when we got off at central station we wandered along one of the canals in what we thought was the right direction. It wasn't, but we saw lots of houseboats moored along the canals and found a lovely spot to sit and have a bite to eat. There was a bitterly cold breeze coming across the canal so we moved on and eventually managed to head in the right direction.

We finally found TunFun after a couple of wrong turns and descended into kiddie heaven! It's basically a huge, padded scaffold with slides, trampolines and ropes to climb all over. With areas for 0-4 year olds, 5-8 year olds and over 6's, and free wifi too, you can sit back and let 'em run wild. Of course, you can help your kids out too if they need it - yes I had a go too! We got there before lunch and didn't leave until after 4pm and Em was active the whole time so we had a great time running after her. I think the best age for this place would be about 7 or 8 years old when they can get through everything on their own but it's still pretty good for all ages. Even after more than four hours, Em didn't want to leave but we had to get back for dinner so we tearfully dragged her out and back to our apartment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb