Day 7


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 8th 2013
Published: May 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we made breakfast in our apartment, we needed to use up our food, we only have today and tomorrow before we move on to our next adventure.

We wanted to do the *free* canal cruise that came as part of our IAMSTERDAM Card. We walked around for about two hours through the beautiful neighbourhoods along the Amstel River, and then thought we found the right boat company but it turned out we actually had to catch *the boat* down by the Centraal Station, so at this point we looked at each other, pulled out our little chip TRAM Cards and hopped on the next tram to Centraal...We found the right boat company for our free trip and stood in line and when it was our turn, we heard the man at the wicket say **your I AMSTERDAM card expired $(&%$!!!...and that is how we learned that lesson, it was only good for 72 hours while we were trotting around the country side seeing other things, our card was expiring.. (btw this was not news to us, we just aren't keeping track of time) so we paid and hopped on the boat and still enjoyed the 1 hr canal cruise. We recognized a lot of the bridges and houses and street names after walking around for hours every day, it was great and so here are some wonderful A'dam pictures.....



We also found the cure for Steve's Dutch coffee blues, now we order a large mug with 1 shot of coffee and half water..finally...he got to enjoy a coffee..and what's a coffee without a pannekoek...

We are really happy we visited A'dam, it is beautiful, and today, despite all that, we are ready to leave and move on to the next phase, getting a bit claustrophobic, we have ran across thousands and thousands of people here in the last few days, and we consider ourselves lucky that we did not get run over by either cars, bikes, trams or trucks on the sidewalk, no really, they park on the sidewalk to do deliveries to restaurants, unfortunately two days ago we saw someone run down by a tourist bus, you must have eyes in the back of your head! We love our TRAM Passes by the way, they are a must here....


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



9th May 2013

So glad Steve finally got his coffee. The suspense was killing me!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb