The Netherlands


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
March 31st 2012
Published: March 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hallo! Spreekt u Engels?

This morning we arrived to Amsterdam. After spending a lot of time in museums and palaces in Spain and France, we thought we had spent enough time being "cultured" and decided to learn a little about the cuisine...and their specialty drinks : ) Our last day in France we spent in Epernay (Champagne) touring the champagne processing plant and vinyard Mercier. And tasting...of course! Today, in the Amsterdam, we went to the Heineken brewery to learn about the beer making process, and had plenty of taste testing there, too! The canals and leaning houses are adorable, and the language is a blast to try and pick up! It's an odd mix of Spanish, German, and English. It's also refreshing to be outside of Southern Europe which leaned on the traditional, history-rich yet stuffy side. There are many aspects of the Netherlands that remind me of the U.S., but to learn more, you'll have to sit down with me over coffee when I return and listen to some of my stories and see some pictures!

Tomorrow we are off to either Den Haag or tulip country. Then we catch the night train to Munich!!

Tot ziens...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb