Day 7- Paris to Amsterdam


Advertisement
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 1st 2010
Published: July 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We were able to sleep a little later because we didn't have that much of a busy day ahead of us. We weren't going to be running around seeing 6 or 7 things in such a short space of time. Again downstairs, we had croissants and baggettes, for the last time in that small hotel, and made our way back upstairs to pack all of our things up into our bag to take on the train to Amsterdam. But the train w... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




3rd July 2010

Brussel sprout.
Andrew, do I see that you found Evian water? Is that French? Nice beret too! I'm glad you made it to Sacre Coeur - good idea to walk the back alleys - I've heard its a very pretty place to walk. It's a shame you've finished with croissants and baguettes - what do they eat on the street in Amsterdam for breakfast / morning tea? I like your patisserie photos. Yum! I wonder what your thoughts were about the red-light district - simply supply and demand, who's got the power / free will / choice, does anybody get hurt??? Is sex industry regulation safer than no regulation? What's the feeling compared to the Moulin Rouge idea - where is the line crossed, or isn't it? Ben, you'll now have to come back and watch the Moulin Rouge movie. Today I trained the tomatoes, which are ripening, turned the compost, and fed the cows who followed me with the wheel barrow full of tomato prunings licking my elbow. No lambs yet. Harvested brocolli for tea, and I'm not sure if the glasshouse peas are sno, sugar snap or ordinary so what size to pick? We had some crazy visitors today - I wonder if you can guess who, Ben. I'm sure they'll facebook you about it. Le Tour doesn't screen until 2am, so I might try going to bed and getting up later as I stayed up til 2am last night watching the exciting Nederlands v Brasil match. But I'll be looking out for your Aussie flag and hope that Cadel puts in a top 5 performance.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb