The Red Lights are Glowing


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We made it!

After a delayed flight, the iceland volcano let us pass!! We got into Amsterdam yesterday at around 4. The bus we took from the airport could hardly fit us with our bags, but we made it happen!! Our first hosrel is really clean and even though 18 people can fit into the room we're in, only 5 of us altogether so we got to catch up on sleep. It was much needed since I couldn't sleep at all on the plane!! it really made for a long ride haha. Alyx on the other hand slept the whole way so she woke up really early this morning and coulnd't go back to sleep while i waa snoozing!
Anyways, this hostel we're staying in is called hostel jordan and iit's actually a christian hostel, so it's run by volenteers and it seems like they try to get you to come to their prayer discussions. but instead alyx and i took a stroll down to the red light district. Shops selling just about everything could be found down there!! The main downtown area is just a short walk from the hostel and it's so beautiful with all the canals and bigillion bikes riding around. After hearing the li8ttle bike bell you just dive to the side of the road. Alyx has tripped over every obstacle and sidewalk, come VERY close to being hit by the tram, and almost been knocked down by numerous bikes. hahaha!! but yeah, we haven't spent much time at the hostel at all, pretty much just have breakfast and leave for the day. Tomorow we plan on renting bikes and seeing the city in a different way. We plan on going to the Heinekin brewery and seeeing vondelpark, one of the big parks out of the main downtown area.
The weather today is wonderful!! We went out early this morning to sightsee and we stopped by the sex museum......very interesting is all i will say!! haha
Right now Alyx is just having a power nap while i'm sitting outside in the courtyard with the sun beating down!
Well Alyx, Jen (American girl we met) and I are going to head out and do some more sightseeing!!

Talk to everyone later

MANDURRR

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb