N.E.M.O.


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
October 1st 2009
Published: October 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday Harry, Sam, Dad and I went to N.E.M.O.

N.E.M.O. is an interactive science place (much like Science Works) which had four levels! When we first went in we went straight to a bubble making station. There we could make this big bubble which could go right around you! It also had a big bubble wall and metal frames where you could make your own huge bubbles.

Our favourite activity was definitely the ball factory. The ball factory was this huge machine which would suck up balls from this dome, from there the balls wouldfall into one of the sorting stations. At the sorting station you would have a touch screen, a measuring device (every station has a different sort) and a weighing device (every station has a different sort too). On the touch screen would be an order eg: big blue, small blue, 10g red, 20g red etc... and you would push them down a shute and you would then receive a score.

The second best was probably 'the wonder lab'. There Harry and I would follow sets of instructions to complete the experiment. My favourite was making gas, there we put vinegar and bi-carb soda in a test tube then put a balloon on top, the gas blew up the balloon. We also made cheese and an underwater volcano.

Another good thing was a demonstration on chain reaction. It was an eleborat set up of objects that would impact upon each other (much like a life size game of Mouse trap). The chain reactions started when the volunteer knocked over the first domino. Then the domino knocked over a fork which popped a balloon which made a ball roll down a ramp which set of a lighter which set string on fire which caused a big ball to roll down which knocked over more dominos etc.. etc.. etc.. There were lots of other cool stuff but I don't have the space!

Finally something else that was great was the shadow room. There you would stand in front of a green wall and a big light would flash leaving an imprint on the wall. We had lots of fun making eight armed monsters and jumping across when it flashed to make it blurred.

We had a great day.

By Tom


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

NEMONEMO
NEMO

its the ship


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb