Amsterdam- Day 1


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
August 29th 2008
Published: August 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our first day in Amsterdam has been quite the roller coaster, and so far in my experience I think this is one of the best places I've been to for people watching. There's people here from all over the world. Their attire is interesting, but so far I've seen very few wearing heels, most seem to opt for the all-purpose tennis shoe, even when going out. Lots of dreadlocks.

We've eaten pizza, chinese, and wonderful french fries. Been to the Red Light District, which gave me a whole new meaning to the phrase "window shopping." There's a condomerie that has condoms shaped like elephants, tigers, the Eiffel Tower, etc. and they come in cool colors, I've never seen condoms look so cool! The actual shopping is amazing... thank God my pack is full!!!

Amsterdam Centraal, has been fairly easy to navigate and we've already got a pretty good sense of direction (we better after having walked at least 10 miles), and our hostel has 9 flights of stairs between the first floor and our room, so needless to say, we'll be in great shape despite the beer and food!

We saw a film crew filming in one of
CondomerieCondomerieCondomerie

Yes that one's shaped like an elephant...
the canals, looked very "James Bond-ish." It will be interesting to see if we ever see it in a movie.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb