Mike's Bike and Boat Tours


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

From May to October, Mike's Bike Tours Amsterdam will be offering our bike and boat tour. This sightseeing tour of Amsterdam lasts for approximately 5 hours and includes a leisurely bike ride through town for a couple of hours, showing you sites like the Zoo, the Amsterdam harbor and docklands (with it's modern architecture), Dam Square, the Nieuw Markt, and the Red Light district. We will then board a boat (which we will have all to ourselves) for an hour long cruise through the canals of Amsterdam. Beer and soft drinks on the boat are included in the tour price. On our way back we will ride through the Vondel Park.

Note: snacks and sandwiches are avalible for purchase to eat on the boat ride, but you may wish to pack a lunch instead.

Our tour is not the least bit strenuous and is suitable for all ages, as long as you can ride a bike! Join us for two fun and informative rides, you'll be glad you decided to come along!


If you're looking for a great time, a sense of orientation, a background on the city you are visiting and its history, a chance to make new friends, an opportunity to relearn the childhood skill of bicycle riding and a chance to get in touch with your inner self, among other wonderful pleasures, this tour is definitely for you. Coming on Mike's Bike Tour of Amsterdam will make you a better person. It will make you stronger, more attractive, funnier, more popular and whatever else you may desire!

Weather: We provide rain gear if necessary. A note on the weather, if you come to town and it’s raining, you have two choices as we see it; either you sit in your hotel room and don’t see anything, or you put a jacket on and come join us on the tour! Nobody has drowned yet!! But some have gone swimming.


Bike and Boat Tour Details: this tour operates May through October (see above for dates and times). Includes complimetary beverages on the boat. Mike's Bike Tours provides rain gear if necessary.

Duration: +/- 5 hours


Cost: only €29, €25 for students, (bike included in tour price), €20 for children under12.
Sorry, credit cards not accepted, although there is an ATM machine just steps from our shop.

Group discounts (10 or more people) available. Please call or email, or visit us in our bike rental store, right in the centre of the city at Kerkstraat 134


Reservations: Due to boat capacity, reservations are recommended for this tour.

phone # +31-(0)20-622-7970
email to mikesbiketoursamsterdam@yahoo.com

We meet: The Bike & Boat tour meets in May every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 12:00 noon. June through August we meet Tuesday - Sunday at 12:00 noon (no boat tours monday). In September and October we meet every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 12:00 noon. All tours meet at the base of the reflecting pool on the Museumplein (this is the square that houses the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh) between the Cobra Cafe and the Museum Shop.

http://www.mikesbiketoursamsterdam.com/Portals/0/rijks_museum1.jpg

The “amazing” Mike's Bike Tours guides will meet the group here, give their introduction and then bring the group to our tour garrage where you'll get your bikes and you'll be on you way...

Lost or running late? Come directly to our shop at Kerkstraat 134!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb