A Day and a Half in Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 27th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After all the traveling over the past couple days, I was glad to have opted to take a flight a day early and relax in Amsterdam. So much so that the day ended up costing over $400. Part of it was that we were really excited to be in a place that was somewhat familiar, but the main reason is that Europe is just too expensive these days.

Anyway, Joe and I have both been to Amsterdam several times before and knew our way around so we just hung out in the city and snapped a couple pictures along the way. The great thing about Amsterdam is that during the summer each square has street performers and you can sit outside a coffee shop and just check out the scene. Mixed in with the performers and the crowd, there is usually some crazy people that are on some sort of hallucinogenic and think they are part of the performance. The day we were there it was this particular guy (see photo) who gave us several hours of entertainment.

Since we each had spots we wanted to visit, it was another night with only a couple hours of sleep and then another full day followed by an overnight plane to Cairo. Since Egypt is predominantly Muslim, we probably won't have the same urge to party, so it should serve as a good break from the busy schedule of sight seeing and drinking we have been doing so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb