Amsterdam Fiets


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
February 16th 2008
Published: February 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Poland to Netherlands

Krakow to Amsterdam

Lots of bikes, and boats, is an understatement, but instead of loading the Amsterdam entry with pages of photos, I figure I'll put them into seperate categories.
I am sure I've said this before, but you hear so much about different places in the world and what makes that specific area unique, and then when you get there - ah ha! It's true!

Like the number of bicycles in Amsterdam, it probably is true that every person owns one, and rides it everywhere. Even tourists ride them, which aside from having a little rental company sign on the bike, you know it's a tourist riding because they act like they've never been on a bike before! (yeah I know what you are thinking, and that may be, because they are tourists and enjoying freedoms other countries don't allow!) Any way, it would take me a while before I would ride one in Amsterdam, too many people on foot and on bikes! And driving cars, and trucks. There are marked bicycle lanes, but some of the intersections in the old town are collision zones.
Best bikes are the family station wagon style. Good idea.
I didn't get a photo of it, but the city has a parking deck with several levels of bike parking. Now if the states would really get bike friendly, we all could get around like this.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

MomMom
Mom

she has a stroller attached to the back


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb