Amsterdam lives up to its name!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
January 31st 2008
Published: February 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!! I am just about to leave the Netherlands and I have to say.. I am very very sad to leave (even though I am VERY excited to see Corrine in Nottingham). My week in Groningen/Amsterdam was full of very exciting things! Gurdie, AnneMaaike, Siward and I all went to Amsterdam and stayed with Gurdies sister which was realllll closeto city centre! The first night we freshened up and went to dinner at a restraunt Siward knew of and I had some pretty intense fish with bones all in it.. and a pint of course! We then headed in search of something to do for a bit while we could still stay awake due to the fact that the night before was international night in Groningen which consists of all iternational students meeting at a bar and having the time of my life..LOS COSTELLOS!!! Ha. Well, we first went to a pub that Siwards friend worked at which was quite nice and then stumbled upon a drag show and watched a few rounds of bingo and then headed to the red light district of Amsterdam! Its very very interesting and still surprised me even though I knew exactly what to expect! We then went to a cuban cafe/bar and had a few drinks and chatted but the girls were really tired and I was determiend to take full advantage of my two nights in Amsterdam and Siward was full force as well!

Siward and I hit up a koffee shop and then wondered around seeing all the beautful architecture and night scene of the city. We then tried to go to an internatinal party at a club, but only to find out it was finished but he knew some of the people who were headed to another bar, so off we went! The Winston became a very interesting bar! We stayed there until close and danced to the DJ and his trance music. We then proceeded to try to use the buses back to the house and the bus driver dropped us off what seemed like miles from the house, but found it eventually!

Wednesday morning the girls and I went full on shopping and sight seeing.. anne frank house, all kinds of souviners, museums etc. We then went bk to the house to freshin up and met up with siward and went to a restraunt he knew of that served traditional dutch cuisine and it was great..some sort of crazy fish dish that i worked on to pull alll the bones off!!! Then we headed bk to the winston to see gurdies friends boyfriend play..but the other bands were rubbish so we left early and went to a few bars but ended up at this reallly great club..Paradiso...which was absoultely great!! We all danced alllll night and had a blast!! We managed to walk home and Annemaaike was very glad she bought milk haha, apparently dutch milk cures everything including hangovers!

Then thursday morning we somehow got up earlier than the alarm surprisingly! We then had to say our goodbyes after meeting eve at the airport as well. GREAT TIMES! I am off to see Corrine..YAY!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb