Rain Rain...go AWAY!!!!!! 25th-27th: Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
September 26th 2007
Published: October 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Amsterdam, and I had to keep reminding Sam that this wasnt a part of Germany and therefore she could stop announcing to everyone ¨sprichst du Deutsches?¨(do you speak German?) and ¨Ich bin Australian¨!!!


This time our hostel room was on level 4 of the building. We hadn’t yet had a problem with our luggage, (or extremely large amount of baggage) but today we did. We took our necessities with us, and left the rest in the car. Ok….4 floors isn’t that bad…we could do this…Well that’s what we thought until we saw the stairs. It wasn’t the fact that there were 73 of them, it was that they were half the length and on an extremely steep angle, rather like rock climbing than walking up stairs. I tried to take a photo but there was no way I could show the greatness of them. I climbed up first, followed by Sam and left mum at the bottom to cry with laughter at the fact that she was scared of heights. There was no way she was coming up, and even went back to the reception desk and complained about the height of the staircase… this was a battle lost, and now that the reception clerk thinks that were loopy, we had to suffer with the hard beds too.


We wondered the streets in the rain, went to Anne Franks house, looked around flower markets, ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and considered taking mum to a 'coffee shop'.....and then we did.

I really like Amsterdam. Its just a shame it was raining the ENTIRE time.

We stayed only a couple of days and then hit the road again for Paris!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Crazy stepsCrazy steps
Crazy steps

We had to climb about 1000 steps to get to our 4th floor dorm. This wouldnt have been a problem, except the steps were soooo narrow and soooo steep!!
The Australian CafeThe Australian Cafe
The Australian Cafe

Serving Belgium waffels?? ummmm....
Walking through the small streetsWalking through the small streets
Walking through the small streets

with my eyes closed...


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb