Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
August 19th 2006
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam is a truly great place. We spent two full days enjoying all the experiences this vibrant and diverse city offered.

For us, the Heineken Factory was awesome! We got a special guided tour and spent three and a half hours taking in the whole experience and dowing a few lagers!

The Van Gogh Museum was very interesting, housing more than 200 hundred pieces of his work. Amazingly, I found his cut off ear in the disabled loo!

The Red Light District, with its various sex shows, coffee shops and prostitutes in windows was of NO INTEREST to me whatsoever, as you can well imagine! NOt my kind of scene, although after the fourth circuit of the Red Light District, I had to be reminded of this fact and was promptly taken back to the car, jaw still dragging along the ground......

Of course Amsterdam is famous for its many waterways and we enjoyed strolling along many of the canals. We stopped for a bite to eat with Peter and Simone at a large alfresco square surrounded by restaurants. Halfway through our meal, an elderly street performer in just a pair of old jocks began his acrobatic "Cirque du Soleil" routine just metres away from us. His dingle dangles hanging out put us all off our meatballs!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb