Amterdam's RLD


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
July 21st 2005
Published: August 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam lives up to is expectation. It's the city that seems to tolerate everything. From its infamous Red Light District, to graffiti, to dog poo, and petty crimes.

I found the RLD is the most intriguing. I think it's the one place in the world where happy, contented tourists and their families choose to mingle with prostitutes, drug addicts/dealers, and the city's sleazes in the kind of place they would try to avoid, or even close down, in their own town. The area smells of piss and pot, guys in suit yelling out what's being performed inside their live,sex show theaters, and questionable looking guys whisper innocent nothings to passerbys, "Coca, ecstacy,..." It was all very amusing.

They wouldn't serve tap water in restaurant. I would never forgive Amsterdam for that. Being cheap, stubborn heads as we are, the last couple of times we went to a sit down place, we refused to order drinks and drank out of our Nalgene bottle. How can you be expected to pay for water when you can go to any toilet and drink the water from the tap? What do they do? Own a little water bottling company in their toilet in the back?

Being in Amsterdam reminds us that we're on our last stretch of our adventure. Back to London after this, and in 4 days we'll be back home.

By the way, I finished reading the latest Harry Potter. Aargh, gotta wait another year for the next one. I don't know if I can do this.

Chris

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb