Almost naked ...men, THE parade !


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
August 6th 2006
Published: February 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Amsterdam as scheduled in the morning. It was quite a long walk to exit the airport. Got the stamp at the passport control to be admited to the country. Headed to the bus stop for the ride to the city. This time I did not take the train but opt to the bus since it would drop you off at the southern part of the city in Leidseplein near the hostel. Plus it is cheaper to take the bus (cost 5 strips on the stripcaard) rather than 4 euro on the train. After check-in at the hostel I headed out to explore the city. This weekend there was an annual gay parade (a must-see) along the canals. Since i did not know where the parade would pass through I was on the mission to hunt down the exact location. Luckily, I saw a large crowd gathered and sat by the canal so I joined in. Got a spot and ate my lunch waiting for the floats to pass by. Then loud music and colorful decorated boats with shirtless guys dancing on the boat, here we go, the PARADE had started. Each boat was sponsored by a company or a nightclub and it had a theme.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 28; qc: 123; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb