Time to go back home


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
October 24th 2013
Published: April 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We really did not know until very last minute, which way we'd return home. We had planned to stay a few days in Amsterdam, but had to go early due to family reasons. Our return trip came down to either taking a coach to London and flying from Heathrow, or flying KLM from Cardiff to Amsterdam. The Heathrow flights became overbooked by double digits so there was no choice but to transit through Amsterdam.

We awoke at 3 am in Cardiff and left the hotel by 4 am. We got a taxi to Cardiff airport and were there with thirty minutes. We checked in for our KLM flight and went to the gate. Soon, we were flying on a KLM Fokker 70 to Amsterdam. It was a gorgeous day there and I wish we could have stayed.

Our transit in Amsterdam was only about two hours and we purchased so hagelslaag, as we always do. At 11:10 am, we were on Delta 231 to Boston. It was an Airbus 330-300 and we were in business class again. I watched three movies on this flight, "Don't Stop Believin'", "Goodfellas", and "A Good Day to Die Hard". The Don't Stop Believin' was great! It is about the Journey singer, Arnel Pineda.

I had a steak meal and several gin and tonics also. We touched down in Boston a little early and cleared customs and immigration fast. It was about 2 pm and sadly, we did not have a flight to Indy until 8:30 pm, so we just sat and waited.

Well, our 8:30 pm flight became delayed and so we waited some more. It got later and later, until finally departing at after 11 pm. Our last flight was a Delta Connection EMB-170. We finally made it home at around 2 am. With the time zone changes, we had been up for 28 hours and were so very tired! We hurried home to get some rest and so I could get ready for my flight to Vegas, which was only about 24 hours later.

We enjoyed our short visit to the UK and it was wonderful to re-connect with our friends who we had not seen since 1999.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0817s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb