Duisburg to Etten Leur Holland


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Brabant
July 20th 2011
Published: July 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It became again a day of lots to eat and seeing places that were very interesting. Starting of with a walk to the house of Gabi & Heinz, where breakfast was waiting. A very large breakfast we must say. We can only eat so much. They showed us a place in Oberhausen that has an out of work gas cylinder that is 109 metres high. In there there was an exhibition of a fascinating journey around the world. . A 43 metres tree from fibreglass was in the middle. The tree of life. We could see the most splendid sites of natural and human development. Astonishing items from the history of the earth. Magic photographs of beautiful places 9of the world were there to see. We spent a lot of time there after we first visited the top of this gas cylinder and had an Arial view of the surrounds of Oberhausen. Later that afternoon we went to the restaurant Reuter where had a beautiful meal to end this afternoon. The evening was taken up by visiting friends we met a long time ago in Turkey. They must have thought we had not eaten enough for here we had goulash soup. A few beers were welcome after this hearty meal. We were brought back to our quarters where we were very happy to fall into bed. We could not see or do anything else as slide between the sheets to have a good sleep ready for the next day for the journey to Holland. When the morning arrived we moved our luggage to the car and our Tom Tom was set up to visit Annelies and Paul who were waiting with breakfast. A good start for the day. The coffee and the German buns were waiting for us. They are lovely people who travelled the world but painful as it is are not able to do this any more. We stayed for a while talking about earlier adventures and travels we did. We said our Good Byes to also go to the work place Of Gabi & Heinz from where we set course to the next country Holland. We arrived back in Etten Leur and after parking we noticed we travelled more than 10.000 kilometres, crossing so far nine countries in Europe. WE only had to show our passports once. That night we had a home cooked meal. We now have to try to lose some weight, that is not easy. We will have a few days rest and give Liz a chance to get her leg better, make plans to visit family and friends here in Holland. Bye for now Liz & Allan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.475s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb