SEA 2008 trip! 4 days to go!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Brabant » Eindhoven
June 25th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

SEA 2008 - planned route


What a rush - after planning this trip for 6 months, it seems to have completely rushed up on me in the last 2 months. Not surprising really, first with a trip to the US in the middle of April and then being pre-occupied with a house renovation that took a lot longer than planned and, finally, getting snowed under at work with international meetings and before you know, here we are just 4 days before we leave for Hongkong.
Of course, it would be a huge understatement to say everyone is looking forward to it. We are very privileged to be able to do this trip. there are not many families that can afford either the time or money to spend 6 weeks travelling around the other side of the world for a summer vacation.
We are probably better equipped for this trip than any of the previous 3 big Asia trips. this time we have a small laptop computer with built in webcam and wireless internet access, we have a HD DV camcorder, a Nikon D40 digital camera and a bunch of ipods, flash drives and an external hard disk to boot.
No doubt on our travels, there will be some characters who feel they should relieve us of some or all of this technological consumerism!
Anyway, the journey begins on Sunday evening in Dusseldorf when we will fly off to Dubai and onwards to Hongkong


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb