Friday 5th August - More History


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Friesland
August 5th 2011
Published: August 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Beer stuff
Well I think this shall be kept short and sweet. Up at 9, had breakfast together again then back in the car with Oom Arjen. Beppe stayed home today as she was a tad knackered from yesterday. Oom Arjen took us to a small village where there was a school/shop that has been kept the way it was in 1737. We entered into the small shop then went through a typical house and school from those days. Next we headed to another place (can't remember what it was called and haven't got the information with me at the moment!) where we walked around a village and saw things like a bakery where the lady was making some funny and incredibly unhealthy biscuits that looked like spaghetti! We also saw a cart that was used for transporting hay (It is EXACTLY the same as the mini one mum and dad have/had on the stairs and everytime you touched it, it would fall apart). Our last stop before lunch was at an at exhibition of a friend of Tante Anna and Oom Ajren's, Japie Huisman (?).
Back home for lunch at 2.30 then it was time to pack up becauese we had to
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

The 'tough luck' duck that was thrown by the teacher and whoever it hit was punished... for no reason!
leave at 4.30. Before we left we had photos outside Tante Anna and Oom Arjen's (very expensive) wolf sculpture. Beppe and Oom Arjen took us to the train station. It was quite good because we arrived early and as a result we were able to jump onto an earlier train which went direct to Rotterdam Centraal instead of having to make 3 changes! Onto the Stenaline again but at least today is not as choppy as when we came over. We are off to the 'movies' to watch Fast and Furious 5 tonight so that should be fun!
Well I said short and sweet and short and sweet it is!
Night
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

Steve on stilts
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

A wagon/cart thingy like Mum and Dads!


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb