Day 15. Budva to Leicester


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro
June 20th 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Going home



This is it our time has come the curtains fell its time to pack everything away and head to the airport. Two and a half hours should be enough. Not remembering how long it took us to get to Prcanj in the first place. Our only real obstacle was the random queuing system they had for the ferry. Plus taking into acount queue jumpers and stationary drivers pulling forwards trying to run Tess over just for walking to the ticket office.

Like I have mentioned many times the driving over here is very very bad. One example I missed out from yesterday is we were driving along the road back to our appartment, indicated just before turning. Pulled on to our drive seconds before getting tooted at and a van pulled over to give us some grief. All I can say is I told him to what to do.

Back to my tale. It took us about half hour to board the fery with some people queueing for half that. Once we got to the front of the queue the staff stopped me to let another line on first. Well as soon as he moved an inch I shot on was told by another person to join that back other the line on the ferry but flew straight to the front of a new line. When in Rome and all that.. I say..

The rest of the journey was quite non eventfull, we got to the airport took the car back and checked in.

Well that's our holiday over with. Wish we had seen more sun. Wish we had gone to Budva and stayed there longer even with all the noise. It felt like a holiday there.

Points.



1, I am sure Montenegro is a fantastic place, and there are some real nice people here, but they are not set up for tourism yet, give them another ten years or more. Their tourist office is closed for the summer. All the places that are of interest are impossible to get to, and although not too unusual everywhere we go people watch you will strange curiosity.

2, If you ever do decide to travel to Montenegro my advice would be stick to the coastline. If you were to visit them mountains then spend only a few days there and check on the weather before you plan your trip. If like us we had one god day there which is a shame as its a fantastic place to visit and there are some friendly people hidden in the woodwork.

3, This one is obvious to us now. If we did go to Montenegro again we perhaps would leave it till July when the weather should be warmer. Even though its rained almost everyday we've been here the average temperature has increased by one degree everyday.

4, This is a little point. Get full car insurance. We got it and luckly didn't need it althogh we came close many many times.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb