Day 5. On our travels to Zabljak


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro
June 10th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Its too hot




Well I never. Or I don't believe it, we are moving on today into the mountains and its hot bright and sunny out, only problem is we are leaving today and heading for the hills.

Would you believe that after driving round for 90 minutes we were still in Kotor looking for the road out to Podgorica we had been miles in one direction then back again and the road works didn't help.

In the end I came up with the idea of taking the Budva road then to Cetinje which if you look at a map is a little like going from Leicester to Birmingham then to Stoke on Trent, just to get to Nottingham. But never mind, we got here in the end, in spite of numerous roadwork's, shortage of roadsigns, slow moving vehicles and at one point a herd of mountain cattle in the road. Never mind, the scenery was stunning, including a huge steep sided valley, which impressed the geographer in Tess, who assured me it was a really good example of a U shaped valley.

After driving round for getting for seven hours we decided to stop for a drink and a little snack. I saw on the menu mixed grill, which I thought out here might have meant a meat platter. How wrong could I have been. It was huge enough for a family of six and a fair amount left over for the dog.

Just scampering forward a bit. We are about 30 kilometres from Zabljak and it that short distance due to the bad condition of the roads. the fastest you can really go is about 30 KPH so it take us about ninety minutes to travel. The scenery around here is amazing but once we get to Zabljak we are knocked back by its post 1950 communist state design and a clash of 1980's alpine style.

The hotel Javor feels like a throwback from the 30's with a touch of Bates motel and Faulty towers thrown in. All said and done our first impressions of Zabljak are not that impressive. so we go for a drink then head of to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb