piccys of montenegro.....


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

just a few piccys of the coast of Montengro......small country....spectacular coast....high mile per photo ratio!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

mgr15mgr15
mgr15

Into Montenegro...one of the newest countries in the world...
mgr1mgr1
mgr1

cycling north from Bar, some amazing coastline, crystal waters, mountains dipping into the sea and picturesque villages squeezed in..
mgr2mgr2
mgr2

....just couldnt stop my itchy camera finger from taking photos...
mgr3mgr3
mgr3

tough going on the bike though with climb after descent after climb....views worth it though.
mgr4mgr4
mgr4

The island of Sveti Stefan. The whole isle is a hotel, but you can just visit if you want to....
mgr5mgr5
mgr5

the mountains looked quite scary at 1000m plus
mgr6mgr6
mgr6

a lesser-spotted-paddling-benny Budva old town in the back ground. not a great day but a little bird told me the water was still warm.
mgr7mgr7
mgr7

looking out from the walls of Budva Citadell..we hung around here quite a while just taking it all in.
MGR8MGR8
MGR8

so clear....we so wanted to stop and go for a swim but no way down!!
MGR10MGR10
MGR10

our first view of the end of the Fjord and Kotor town
mgr9mgr9
mgr9

another view of the same but from higher up the pass...breathtaking
mgr11mgr11
mgr11

top of the 1100m pass over to Cetinje looking into the heart of the balkans
mgr12mgr12
mgr12

couldnt resist taking more photos on the way down of the scenery 1000m down below...this pass was not for anyone faint of heart with severe drops..
mgr13mgr13
mgr13

riding around the fjord....some serene fishing villages just idyllic...think jenny wanted to stop here. forever!
mgr14mgr14
mgr14

i love this picture....looking back up the fjord to kotor...must only be a few miles in a direct line but took us all morning in and out of the coast line...we just kept stopping and looking and going wow......bye bye montenegro.....miss you!!


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb