Montenegro Adventures


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor
July 21st 2007
Published: July 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from the newest country in the world. After finally getting a haircut from a women that does not speak language I decided to get online to try and get a car rental for Alex and my travel in Croatia. While we really enjoyed Belgrade, it was time to move on. The train from Belgrade to Bar, Montenegro was long but very pretty. We sat next to some cute Serbian girls the entire way and talked with them the whole time. It was a lot of fun. Then we spent $50 euro on a cab for a hour and a half ride to Kotor, an ancient walled city (with no cars in the main city). We got in very late though, and ended up having to spend $160 on a room in a luxury resort since nothing else was open. I guess that's what happens when you are spontaneous sometimes. Anyways, It is extremely beautiful here and we decided to stay an extra day (we found a cheaper place to stay for tonight after hitchhiking from a really nice Serb). The fjord here is the deepest in Europe. Very amazing. The pictures do not do it justice since it was a bit hazy today but trust me, it is amazing here. I did not expect it to be so nice. I will try posting a few more pictures when I have some more time. Time to go enjoy the night life of this ancient city.

Advertisement



22nd July 2007

Hi!
Happy to hear that you ae enjoying yourself. It looks beautiful there. We will be flying to Rhodes tonight, \Jeremy leaves fo Ios tomorrow morning. The hotel here at Xania was not great but we had a good time and did some amazing beaching. Love, us
23rd July 2007

enjoying your commentary
All Weinsteins-- Glad to hear your trips are going well. Lynne and I are back from Cape Cod. Life in Silver Spring continues normally and uneventfully in Colesville. Art

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb