One more tiny entry


Advertisement
Moldova's flag
Europe » Moldova » Centre » Chisinau
August 12th 2006
Published: November 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I just read your comments -- thanks so much for those. So, to answer a few questions and make more comments ... we actually had warm water today at our place. However, Adrienne and I had both decided that the cold water is quite livable. We've learned how to make this work, and are totally fine with it. The best potties in Moldova -- coffee shop on Pushkin Street, and McDonalds. We didn't see the orphanage potties, but think they will be fine. We are in Chisenau. The language is a mix of Romanian and Russian. Many people speak one or the other or both. I have communicated with a couple of people in Spanish. Romanian is a Romance language, and many words are Spanish-sounding, and we are getting by with our knowledge of Spanish and French, and -- well, the universal language of signs and sounds. Today, a kid -- teenager -- followed us asking for $$. I had quite a chat with him, though he understood nothing. Now, we have looked up our phrase book for "Go away and leave us" and are prepared for this event next time. Not to worry, he didn't frighten us ... a few street smarts and you're all set. And, yes, the warm water today already was a luxury, and I doubt I will use a potty during all of October that I won't remember all the horrible potties we've already seen. Cheers to all! W.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb