Around the World in 55 Days


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg » Grevenmacher
May 25th 2014
Published: May 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Around the World in 55 days

Hi everyone, we are on the move again, we are already in Luxembourg on our first leg of this new adventure.....

A chance meeting on the Cook Straight Ferry in 2007 bought Tom and I together, and later, along with his wife Nadine, they came and stayed with us at home.

Tom has been on both the High Andes Adventure and the Patagonia Expedition with us in South America.

Now, Bones wanted to go to the World Floral Art Show in Dublin in June, and she also wanted to visit Paris. I was quite happy to stay home and look after the domestic stuff, but after a skype contact with Nadine, to enquire about things in Paris, it was mentioned that they were going to the Isle of Man TT races about then....."why don't you come to that with us on your way??"

Tom offered me his Suzuki VStrom to ride there and back.....so a plan began to unfold and as motorcycles were now involved, my interest in floral art began to bloom....



We organised some really cool farm sitters and flew to Singapore, where we met
Down town SingaporeDown town SingaporeDown town Singapore

A boat on the roof! Why not??
up with some long time friends of my sister Colleen, from when they lived here while John was with the AirForce during the '70s.

We were picked up from our hotel and had a fabulous time for the two days that we were there.

Singapore has changed such a lot since I used to stop over in the 80's on my way to the trade fairs in Cologne, Germany, but this was in a past life!!

We just loved the amazing architecture of the City, they are not afraid to get outside the square here - what we didn't like was the high humidity that goes with it, but for a couple of days we made it work.



From here in Luxembourg, we will ride across to Rotterdam and pick up an overnight Ferry to Hull in England, ride across England to pick up another Ferry to Douglas on the Isle of Man.

From the Isle of Man, we will ride back to Luxembourg, park up the bikes and take a tour of Northern France with Tom and Nadine, returning to Luxembourg, then we will drive up to Munster in Germany to meet up with Bridget and Toni for a couple of days.

We then return to Luxembourg and take the fast train to Paris for two nights.

We fly from Paris to Dublin, pick up a rental car and have two days at the World Floral Art Show before heading south for a few days to explore a bit of Irish culture.

We return to Dublin, catch a flight to Frankfurt, then a direct flight from there to Miami.

John and Cathy with pick us up here and take us to their place in Fort Lauderdale for two nights and a big catch up...really looking forward to that.

We will then make our way up to Lake Wales in Florida to be reunited with Trapper, Hobby and our Yamaha Mid Night Special.

We have a couple weeks to ride around Florida and hope to head north up to the Carolinas...

Leaving Tampa, we have a long haul back to NZ, via Atlanta, LA, Auckland, Home....

So I will try and post a blog as all this unfolds and I hope you enjoy some of what we experience from the comfort of your home.
Marina Bay Marina Bay Marina Bay

Taken from the BIG wheel

Cheers,

Rosco


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Good Solution to the heatGood Solution to the heat
Good Solution to the heat

Just wish I could have done this!
Jane and SueJane and Sue
Jane and Sue

Our hosts
Down TownDown Town
Down Town

An evening shot from Marina Bay
King Crab Yum!!King Crab Yum!!
King Crab Yum!!

Thinking of my dad here....
Super TreesSuper Trees
Super Trees

The free Garden light show
Night capNight cap
Night cap

We had a night cap up on top of the Super Tree
Floral ArtFloral Art
Floral Art

Display of fresh flowers at Zurich Airport
Walking the DogWalking the Dog
Walking the Dog

Walking with Tom , Nadine, Raewyn and Akilah (le Dog)
Now we can RelaxNow we can Relax
Now we can Relax

Pre dinner drinks


25th May 2014

Love your blogs Rosco and truly appreciate the time you take to creat them. Thank you. Have loads of fun you two!
25th May 2014

Globe trotting
Singapore, Germany, Paris, the Isle of Man.... you are really skipping around the world. Eager to read more.
27th May 2014

Green With Envy
Sounds like a blast from here in Auckland 13 degrees today brrrr have a great time you fellas!
27th May 2014

Always read and enjoy your blogs and pics. Have a blast of a time you two
27th May 2014

What a great trip.
I always wanted to see the TT races at the Isle of Man. Hope you both have a great time.

Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb