lithuania!


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Vilnius
November 30th 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so....i departed moscow on friday night. it was very difficult. i spent all day friday trying not to cry in front of my hozaika. and when we said good bye i was so sad, i almost cried but i kept it together. it was after teh train started moving that i lost it and cried a lot. i was crying because i was leaving my home for the last 4 months, my hozaika, and my friends. the thing that made it so hard is that i dont know when i will be back. i really hope and feel i will be back. i want to go back. the trip to the train station was an adventure. it was my hozaika, her friend volodya and myself. he helped carry my backpack and i pulled my gigantic suitcase. now, i should point out, russia is not wheelchair/handcicap friendly, so there are no ramps ANYWHERE. now, i had to carry my suitcase to the metro, down the stairs, up the stairs, to a different metro line. then i had to carry it onto the train...it was an adventure. my muscles are actually a little sore. but the adventure of the evening goes to jaime. that is because she almost missed the train. she got on the train at around 9pm, the train left at 9:02pm. it was a close call but we made it. 😊 oh, what was really touching and made it more difficult to leave russia was that our 2 friends olga and olga came to the train station to say bye to us. i was so sad. i hope they come to america in july.
so the train ride to riga, latvia was nice. we barely spent anytime there, but we got a small feel for what the hostel was like. the people were nice, but wanted to party all the time. i was too tired so i went to bed. anyways, in riga there is a church called st. peters and we climbed to the top. the views were amazing, but it was sooooooo cold and windy. thank goodness for my parka. its been keeping me nice and warm. 😊
so the city is beautiful and old. 'old town' was nice to walk around. the streets are al cobblestone etc. someone said it would be cheap but it wasnt. 1us dollar is .5 lats. anyhoo, its ok we left this morning on a comfortable bus ride to vilnius, lithuania. its kind of the same as riga-cobble stone roads etc. we didnt explore too much but i will tomorrow. i did walk around the city and see some amazing views. the city is super clean, which is nice and a far cry from moscow. tomorrow we are going to walk around some more and hten tuesday go to museums. tuesday night we leave for krakow. that should be an adventure in itself.
i cant beleive that im not going back to moscow in 2 weeks. i dont know how im gonna handle that. dont get me wrong, im super excited to go home to sf. i do miss the fog, the city air, the golden gate bridge, and of course gagik <3
anyhoo, more later, my tummy hurts and i want to sleep. good night my blog readers, or reader haha. love ya and miss u all xoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb