Home, Sweet Home


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Siauliai
June 27th 2011
Published: June 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a fun, yet exhausting weekend, we were so glad to be back at our new home-Pamuse. Unfortunately, in the middle of the night we awoke to the sirens of an ambulance in our driveway. The one-year old baby was having trouble breathing and had turned completely blue. This morning we were relieved to find out that he is fine and was probably only experiencing a complication of his case of the chicken pox.
At some point this morning, the mother of the two children who were brought to us last week came to retrieve them. The courts gave back her custody rights which allowed her to take them home. Hopefully she will clean up her act, and they won't be taken away again.
Roma and kids wanted to teach us a new craft-making angels out of macaroni. Soon we were gluing together rigatoni, shell and blow tie pasta to create angels, flowers, cars, and even necklaces.
As the temperature rose, the kids felt an urge to swim in the river. We chose to supervise instead of joining in the polar plunge into the ice cold Musa River. However, we gladly participated in the sun bathing that followed as the kids tried to warm up.
The water adventure was followed by land exploration. We walked along the river and through the forest, always giving piggy-back rides, as the kids showed us all their favorite fishing spots and hangouts. We also got to taste some delicious berries and sour apples!
The night ended with a relaxing movie that they only get to experience when Sergas, the "cool" caretaker, is working. We are finally getting used to hearing every line twice in all the dubbed-over American films!
~Daiva


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb