Onward to Latvia - Salacgriva


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia
June 29th 2015
Published: June 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we biked 48 miles for a total of 348 miles.

The weather was essentially sunny all day with a high of 72 F. Our best day by far.

We left Parnu 9:30 am. We headed down the coast for Latvia. Went through some beautiful forests again as well as some excellent beach areas. Some interpretative signage to help explain the area. One beach meadow had orchids in it.

Had lunch at a tavern ( trachtar) in Haademiester. Pleasant woman who interpreted the menu at this restaurant/bar.

Made our way to the Latvian border, nothing exciting happened here with the advent of the European Union.

The highway we were traveling on was under construction. With some negociation of the the roadway, we were ok.

Our new home, just outside of Salacgriva, is a very nice modern resort complex. The hot water was out at the hotel, so they let us stay in the more expensive cabins, at the same price as the hotel. We are closer to the Baltic ocean. Pam and I went for a swim in the sea. shallow, but warm.

Had an excellent dinner at the resort restaurant.very pleasant evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb