Another Airport Entry... Riga International


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
August 12th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Having crossed another time zone, and with one more to come, we are currently sitting in transit at Riga International Airport, Latvia, waiting for our flight to Berlin, Germany. After a late night last night, we woke fairly early to organise our gear and repack, ready for a day of travelling. So far all has gone to plan, despite having to negotiate our way to St Petersburg’s international airport, Pulkova 2, without a phrasebook. Although we had the details of the metros and bus we needed to catch, we were quite anxious about whether this would, in fact, lead us to where we wanted to go and get us there on time. After seeing what Carly had to go through, we were very keen to not miss our flight and get stuck in Russia! When our bus stopped inexplicably at a bus depot in some deserted part of town, with us the only two passengers, we did a quick run-through of our options and decided, nervously, that our best option was to just sit and wait it out. After ten minutes of tense watch-watching our driver reappeared and our bus spluttered back into life. It wasn’t until we had arrived at the airport, checked the screens and seen our flight listed that we relaxed and the knot of anxiety faded away. Going through St Petersburg airport was, shall we say, ‘interesting’… four or five lots of security and passport checking and customs etc, including a rather nice frisking from a lovely Russian security guard, complete with a couple of bum-cheek squeezes. Hehehehee… I think she enjoyed it, and why not?! Not everyone gets that privilege!
The rest of the trip has been fairly uneventful, thankfully. Pleasant flight in the 12-row Fokker 50. The pizza at Riga was good. Bring on Berlin. The end.


Advertisement



17th August 2007

you guys
I an greeeen with envy of your travel and travails....love the photos...and the blog...its like you never left.... when did u say u were coming back?? loved the Hermitage shots...wow.... could you kiss and hug more in photos???...............no i thought not M xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
19th August 2007

challenge?
do i detect a challenge in the question you ask...?!

Tot: 0.311s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb