Day 6 & 7 - Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
February 24th 2008
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wow, Venice. Such a beautiful city!

The first day we rode the train from Mestre to Venice and strolled thru narrow, winding streets to Piazza San Marco. Along the way, we passed the Rialto Bridge and saw multiple gondolas on the waterways and Grand Canal. We had our first Venetian meal at wonderful trattoria on Calle della Regina named, Vecio Fritolin da Fina. Although we didn’t get pinched, Kim’s hand was kissed and we did hear several “Bellisima!” As would be expected, the night before leaving Venice, we noticed that the waiter, who kissed Kim’s hand and left his name and meeting time on the card he gave her. Whatever…

The second day, we leisurely had breakfast. Lorie went to Mass at San Marco’s Basilica with the Stones and Stens, then joined the group for a fog filled day of further exploring. We spent a couple of hours enjoying the art in the Gallerie dell’Accademia then twisted and turned our way thru Dorsoduro to Cannaregio to see the Jewish Ghetto (the first Jewish enclave after which all ghettos were named). We enjoyed lots of people watching, fashion critiquing, cappuccinos and vino. The evening ended with plates of pasta at Trattoria Tre Spiedi.



Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



26th February 2008

miss you girls!
Love all the pics, I can't wait to see more. I love reading the blog about your days, sounds like such an incredible trip. Have a safe trip home, See you soon!!

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 6; ; mem: 1.3mb