Return to Australia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Vicenza
October 11th 2012
Published: October 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our last morning in the Villa with everyone going their different ways. After cleaning up we were joined by Jasmine, Laurie, their friend Katherine, Radan and Johannes in a drive to Souave to see its imposing castle that we saw from the autostrada. The castle include the substantial walling of the town. It is a steep climb to the keep but we were rewarded with excellent views. Afterwards we walked back down into the town and we had a glass of the local wine accompanied by local olives.
Radan and Johannes then set off for Switzerland while Jasmine and Laurie drove to Rivenna. We had about two hours drive to the Malpensa airport to the north of Milan. So. We decided to visit Begamo en-route. The town had a medieval old town reached by funicular trains and a more modern and spacious new town. One could easily spend a couple of days here. But we must get to the airport. Dion did well on the navigation front. We arrived in good time and our holidays at and end. The Etihad flight leaving at 9.30pm for Abu Dhabi.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb