Treviso


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Treviso
May 25th 2010
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.6663, 12.2421

We headed to Treviso today – described as a miniature Venice, as there are numerous canals and branches of the river Sile running through the town. It was a nice town to walk around, but I am very glad that we decided to base ourselves at Asolo, rather than Treviso (which was our original plan) as it is very much a city, and the kids are loving the freedom of being in a very small town. We stopped at the Duomo, which had a number of "important" paintings (though nothing that really took my fancy) and wandered the many pedestrianized areas of the town, looking at the architecture and the shops. It was a nice, easy morning, and we finished by taking a walk to the city walls (still intact) and finding a playground for the kids and a picnic lunch. Then, back to our pretty Asolo, for an afternoon rest! We wandered around Asolo in the evening, and were thinking of going out to dinner, but decided that a bowl of pasta at home, and a glass of wine on our own little balcony, where we can watch the lights of surrounding towns and smile at the people walking by, was a better option.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



29th May 2010

Buon girono to you all,So you still discover nice things!I have a question Kaylene,somebody reply me judynicolls, but i didnt open it, do you knok this person?I wish you a nice weekend Baci a tutti Marguerite
30th May 2010

That bike is beautiful! I miss you heaps, Issy

Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb