Eurochocolate.....


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Perugia
October 17th 2005
Published: October 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Where I have been...


Welcome to the week when i gain about twenty pounds. From October 15 until the 24th is the annual Eurochocolate Festival which is always held in Perugia. Yesterday was kicked off with the carving of 4 enormous chocolate blocks, the chocolate that is chipped away is given out to the crowd. It was literally an over 80 riot. All these crazy old women were trying to knock me down to get to the free goods. THEY WERE INSANE. I almost lost my leg in the safety fence because it got wedged in between two metal bars and then i was knocked over sideways, very nice feeling. The sculptures were all pretty terrible as well, they looked like giants piles of....well you can fill in that one. It is pretty cool though, there are about a hundred or so stands set up in the streets and people from all over Europe are selling their chocolate goods. Lots of chocolate pasta, salami, liquor, cheeses, you name it they have made it out of Chocolate. Perugia is packed with people. It is cool to be a part of the fun. Other then the festival I did not do anything to exciting this weekend, just watched a lot of Golden Girls on DVD with my friend Kat (try not to be too jealous). Next weekend I am either going to Switzerland or to Milan to see a Futbol (Soccer) game which would be so cool to see in Italy! Hope all is well!

-Stephanie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb