Cacia, Norcia, Spolleto


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Perugia
September 10th 2005
Published: September 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi all! Today is Saturday the 10th (happy birthday Harry!) and yesterday was the mandatory Arcadia field trip. The whole group of 150 + was split into 4 buses and taken to places which we were not told until the trip was underway. We went to the little out of the way towns of Cacia, Norcia and Spolleto. In Cacia we went to a church dedicated to St. Rose, who is the patron of the impossible as well as families. We saw her tomb and it was creepy for some people who had never seen how they lay the dead saints out in those glass boxes. My roommate Kari was extremely grosses out. Next was Norcia and there we saw the Church for St. Benedict who founded the monastic life and St. Scholastica, Benedict's twin sister. They were very beautiful places. Everyone really enjoyed themselves. We made a stop off at Spolleto and saw a Roman theater and another Church that was amazing. The art work is outstanding in these old churches, absolutely awe inspiring. Our tour guide was adorable, he was Belgian and look like he was 14 years old. He was so funny he had no idea what was going on. At one point he said "Does anyone know anything about Roman History, because I do not." We had the best meal to date in Italy. It was a four course meal of bruschetta, pasta, meat, dessert, free wine... absolutely incredible! We also got great pictures of the sunset by the restaurant which we ate at. Today we went to Assisi, it was my first European train experience (not too bad, a little stinky though). Not much has changed in Assisi since I was there five years ago. Amazing church!Amazing view....my parents will love it when they visit. Other then that not much is new. I think my roommate and I are going to take a day trip to Pisa tomorrow. As always pictures to come when I get around to lugging my computer to the internet! Ciao! Hope all is well!
-Stephanie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb