Living in Spoleto


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Cerreto di Spoleto
June 1st 2011
Published: June 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Spoleto is quite a large town by our standards, about the size of Timaru, though its hard to see where everyone lives. Its incredibly with Roman remains in the form of a Roman amphitheatre. It is built on the side of a hill and is dominated by a huge fort. It was used to imprison the would be assassin of Pop Paul. We didn't go inside as being a Monday everything is closed.
We are staying in a little place just 10 minutes from the centre of the town. It is up on a hill surrounded by olive groves. The whole place is incredibly old dating back to the mid 15 century. The main house has been restored by its owners and it is just beautiful. It is on about 4 levels including a wine cellar that goes down about 60 metres! We have had a tour around by the owner, who lives here along most of the time. The house is filled with the most fantastic antiques and paintings. It even has its own little chapel. It comes complete with a swimming pool and a 2 minute walk to a pizza restaurant over the paddock. Our neighbours are 2 very friendly donkeys. We have our own driveway with has 2 very large cherry trees on it and the cherries are just delicious. The weather is hot, though a bit of rain this afternoon in the form of a thunderstorm. It really is an idilic spot. check out the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb