Bathing beauties again


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
June 22nd 2010
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.1418, 11.6596

When the sun was shining this morning, the kids were very keen for us to go back to Bagno Vignoni, for another swim. This was despite the temperature – it wasn't cold, but generally I would have preferred it to have been above 24 degrees to go swimming. We took the long way to get there – via another little hill town (Trequanda). It was cute, but not a tourist town – the local postcards showed the church, which had a chequerboard pattern of dark and light on it, and the 1960's built local swimming pool! But Steven had a priceless Italian moment – he was trying to exit the main square, after dropping us off, but found that every street (except the one-way street that we had entered the town) was either no entry or not open to traffic. Finally, he asked a local lady "excuse me, but which of these streets do I take to exit this town?" She looked at him and said “Sir, this is Italy – go back down (the wrong way) down the one way street – that's what I do every day!” So Steven did an (illegal) u-turn in front of the carabinieri (police) station and drove the wrong way down the street!

We returned to Bagno Vignoni for a swim. There is a tale about how we nearly lost Matthew, but I can only tell it when my heart stops thumping and I have a medicinal glass of wine in my hand. All is well that ends well, he was only gone a minute or two, and the good news is that he never considered that he was lost at all! After we all calmed down, we had a lovely picnic on the “shores” of the 50cm deep swimming pools, but as much as the kids tried to insist that it wasn't cold, their blue lips told another story, so we wrapped them up in warm towels and took them home!

The afternoon was spent playing in the park, and taking it easy in preparation for the big day tomorrow – we are going to Rome, which is always a frenetic city!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb