Tuscany


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
September 21st 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

not sure where we last finished off I dont think I told you about our cooking class! We went for tasting first of the cheese and meats and olive oils and then back to cook. We made egg pasta and another one forget the name but like spaghetti and dessert. Peter made a tart, plum and it was great had greated ginger on it! We all had a go at rolling the pasta.We were with a couple from Nashville, lots of fun. Especially when you are drinking wine while cooking! We had a lemon sauce with the egg pasta and tomato and garlic with the other. We started off with appetisers we picked from our tasting. Ended up having only dessert outside as it was raining. We finished off with liquers, homemade, of lemon and bay, interesting! We relaxed most of the rest of the day, finished eating at 3.30 p.m. Then Tuesday we were in Assisi in the sunshine this time, lots of climbing. We were sad to leave as Letizia was a terrifc host and even tried to find out how to work out phone. We have given up on it and will try and get our money back when home!

We have now arrived in Tuscany.
We left Assisi yesterday and drove through some beautiful rolling hills and land, fields the colour of sand and wine and olive fields. We stopped for a gelato, boy are those stomachs coming bck! at Pirenza. Lovely walled town, wall walk way all around.
Carried on past Sienna, oops there but made it via Radda, Judy and Don! Found our way to our B & B in the hamlet of Vertine. Incredible view and very peaceful, they have a pool which we will go back to today. Right now we are in Radda and maybe some wine tasting this afternoon.
Tommorrow we take the train to Florence.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb