Italy Adams Birthday


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
November 20th 2008
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trip in Italy

We began in Milan and got the Eurostar to Florence and then to Pisa and back to Milan to go back to London

Our next place we visited was for my bday in November i chose to visit Italy thanks to really cheap flights. We decided to go to Milan for our first stop which was a very large city but still full of really old building and some nice architechture. We saw all the realy old churchs and a place Duomo which was a huge catherderal with awesome achitecture it looked amazing. The best thing about Milan was the coffee, Pizza and cakes Jodey loved all the fashion shops but unfortunatly we could only window shopping things were very expensive here.

We stayed here for only one day before boarding a Eurostar train to Florence. This was smaller intimate city with very narrow cobblestone streets with a large river running through the centre of it with really old bridges running over it , it looked just as you see in the postcards it looked very beutiful. We stayed in a hotel here that overlooked this river, the hotel was built in 1460 meaning it was older than Australia and unfortunatly it wasnt the best accomodation but we were served a nice breakky every morning and didnt have to many worries. It was a good experience. We stayed in Florence for two days of which i ate lots of pizza, cakes and coffee they had great food here i loved it.

Our next destination was a train to Pisa where we saw the leaning Tower of Pisa which is great to see in the flesh. Its amazing how it still stands and now they have made it safe enough that you can climb to the top of it but we missed out and didnt want to pay 30 euros each to go up which is very expensive. Pisa was another little place also with lots of little cobblestone streets with lots of people riding old bicycles and all the building here are very old and have lots of character. We only spent a day here before jumping on a train back to Milan which was a great train journey. We went up the coast and saw the rugged beaches plus we travelled through the mountains before seeing snow for the first time with Jodey we just wanted to get out and throw snowballs at each other.

This was a very action packed trip which we throughly enjoyed and would love to come back to a couple of the smaller places that we saw on the train. There is just so much to see here. But after our trip we boarded a plane and back off to London where it was zero digrees and raining but it was good to get home here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb