Sarteano - Tuscany


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
March 14th 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sarteano is located in southern Tuscany near the Umbrian border, just 6 kms from the exit of the A1 (the highway that goes from Milan to Naples) half way between Rome and Florence. Both cities can be reached in 1,5 hours by car and by train from the main railway station in Chiusi (10 kms from Sarteano).
Life here is quiet and peaceful during spring, autumn and winter, while summer is full of festivities and activities. The Giostra del Saracino is the main event which takes place on the 15th of August each year on the main square. Dating to XV century, it is a joust where Knights with their horses fight the Saraceno enemy. In the past times the knights had evocative names such as "Moon's knight" and "Sun's knight" they were riding on their own name. A lot of activities during the summer rotate around the Giostra, the most beautiful is the dinner at the Castle a few days before the Giostra, it is a medieval banquet with "giullari" e "mangiafuoco".

If you would like to plan your holiday in Sarteano, contact me and I'll send you information about apartments, villas and B&B in Sarteano.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Il PoggioneIl Poggione
Il Poggione

Sleeps 6+4
La Giada La Giada
La Giada

Sleeps 9
San LorenzoSan Lorenzo
San Lorenzo

Sleeps 4
Villa AdaVilla Ada
Villa Ada

Sleeps 6 + 2


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb