Under the Tuscan Sun


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post


TUSCANY, ITALY:

Lisa and I spent four nights in the Tuscany region in Italy. The first two were spent at a campground outside of Grossetto, a small city on the western coast of italy. Transportation to and from the campground was a bit pricy, so we ended up staying at the campgrounds for both nights. We again stayed in a 2 person house tent, a tent with literally enough space for the two cot-like beds inside. The campground had a nice beach across the road, where we enjoyed the sunset on our first night there.

Our other two nights in Tuscany were spent in the Chianti region in a little town called Tavarnelle. On our full day there we took a bus to the medieval town of San Gimignano. This town was gorgeous, as well as all of the Tuscan views surrounding the walls of the town.

Funny story....in the chianti region, it costs around 1 euro 20 cents to travel 10km or less via bus. up to the 30 is like 3 euros. Well, from tavarnelle to san gimignano it was necessary to buy two bus tickets each way, since we had to change buses in poggibonsi. Each leg of the journey was 12km....so instead of paying 3 euros for 24 km total...we had to pay over 4 euros for the way there only, since there were two separate buses. Ah, lisa and I stamped our first ticket, you stamp the ticket on the bus to validate it, but never stamped our other.....and we used it for the rest of the day and the following day. Had we gotten caught, the conductor would have just stamped our ticket and we would have had to buy another. But, we made it the whole way on 4 euros....if we had boughten a ticket for every journey, we would have paid more than 12 euros....so, we saved quite a bit.


Oh, on the way from grossetto to tavarnelle, lisa and i stopped off in pisa to check out the leaning tower. Yeah, they don't lie...that sucker really does lean. Haha.

And, the pictures of the funny faces.....that's what lisa and i do when we're bored.


Next Up: Cinque Terre, Italy


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb