Down South Nutshell


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Siena
April 6th 2009
Published: April 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

4/2-3/09

On Thursday we left Siena after 12AM by bus. We got to Salerno after 7AM, grabbed some breakfast and then hung out in the hotel for an hour or so. Checked out the fish market...loud place. Took the train to Pompei and had a guided tour. After, headed back to Salerno and ate dinner at a pizzeria. Following this...we explored the city with our professor. Bo Bar. A great place. We all sat near the water and chilled out until 3AM.

4/4/09

On Saturday we left by bus to Amalfi. While there, we checked out a church and hung out on the beach. The bus ride to Amalfi was amazing. Very narrow roads and so many turns. The whole time looking down at the coastline. Some people got sick. Nobody died. Before going back to Salerno, we stopped at a different town near Amalfi and played a form of beach volleyball...basically just keeping the ball from hitting the ground. Large group doing this attracted the eyes of many Italians. A couple of kids joined the circle. Back in Salerno, we hung around the hotel for an hour and then went to a place for dinner. Ate huge personal pizzas. Soggy. Carlos pizza still tops any form of pizza I've had here. That night, we went to the same place as the night before.

4/5/09

Woke up, grabbed some breakfast and had a little tour of Salerno. All we really saw was a church. Yawn. Had a little free time. In the early afternoon we grabbed a train back to Siena. One transfer. Long time being on a train. Got really warm sitting next to 5 other people in a compartment. Wasn't terrible. Reached Siena around 8PM. Walked home, ate dinner and that's a wrap.

Nutshell.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb