A Little Story from Yesterday


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Siena
September 4th 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I came home late yesterday evening after eating dinner at a restaurant on the piazza with the school. One of my roommates, Letizia, a law student at the University of Siena, was sitting at the kitchen table studying and we were chatting for awhile. We get along well and we were talking and gossiping about our days, boys, our families, and all sorts of things. Well, I was telling her that sometimes my mom and I go to this new casino that just opened near our house. Her eyes grew wide and she started laughing really hard. When she could finally stop laughing, she explained to me my mistake. Apparently to say the word ‘casino’ in Italian, you must pronounce it with the emphasis on the last syllable (ca-sin-O’), not like we pronounce it, with the emphasis on the second syllable. Incidentally, as she explained to me, casino, when pronounced like we would in English, actually refers to a brothel. So, I had told her very nicely that sometimes in the evenings for fun my mother and I like to take our money and visit the whorehouse.

Advertisement



5th September 2008

of course. of course you and your mother visit the whorehouse. ahh, love it! thank you for updating!!!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb