Milan and Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
July 5th 2006
Published: July 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On the 30th of June, Pam and I hopped on the plane to Milan, Italy, where we spent the night in a small hotel called "the best"hotel. Italy had just won its world cup game and all night we could hear people honking their horns in celebration. Not much sleep unfortunately, but its great to be in such an exciting place to watch the games.

We woke up the next morning and got on a train to Florence. Florence is absolutely beautiful. We are staying close to the beautiful Duomo and within walking distance to all of the major sites. Our hotel is a quaint bed and breakfast with only 9 guest rooms.

Florence is overrun by tourists. We havent had to use much Italian, everyone it seems, speaks English. We've been doing a lot of walking in Italy. Our first day in Florence, we walked to the Accademia and saw Michelangelo's famous David. It was breathtaking. We then went around the corner for some gelato (delicious) and then went to our local piazza (square) and watched the France and Brazil game on a big screen. For dinner we had pizza.

On our second day in Florence, we visited the Uffizi Gallery where we saw a special exhibit on Leondardo DaVinci and also had the pleasure of visiting the Botticelli room. We then crossed the famous Ponte Vecchio Bridge and visited Pitti Palace and Bobili Gardens. Later...we went shopping.




Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb