Goodbye Italy...hello France


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 27th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

EmEmEm

Bologna
So I left Italy two days ago. So sad to leave, but will be back in Venice in July before I head to greece so i can fit in a gelato more!

I caught the train to Bologna to catch up with the girls and had a great night out. We had a lovely dinner and then headed out for a few drinks. Unfortunately, well it was quite exciting, we ran into a little bit of trouble in the Uni area.

For those that aren't aware Bologna is well known as a student activist town, and has been for many many years. They are always staging protests etc, and to a rather large scale. So I really got the FULL Bologna experience, as we got caught up in a protest against the Polizia, and I am talking bottles been thrown over our heads, polizia in a lock down, things getting smashed etc...it was pretty crazy and scary!! We were all safe though and decided after all the excitement to head for a granita instead!

So I headed for the Cinque Terre after leaving Florence. I stayed in the first of the five villages that dot along the coast,
MelMelMel

Bologna
Riomojorie (spelling???). The Cinque Terre is so beatuiful, words can't even begin to describe or do it justice. India came and stayed with me which was fabulous and we spent our time walking/hiking and lying on the beach. It was actually a religious holiday when we were there so there was a big dance party down on the beach! I will definitely heading back there for some relaxation time!

So I am now in Nice and loving it. I went to the beach all day yesterday and then got dressed up (as best I could in my backpacking gear!) and headed to Monte Carlo and Monaco. Went to the Casino at Monte Carlo which was pretty cool and perused the harbour.....my god the boats! Had a mad night out here on Sunday night. Met seven wild but great fun Dutch boys who looked after me all night...classic!

Off to Cannes today.....hope to get spotted....yeah right!

Supposed to go to Switzerland tomorrow, but have extended my stay here...beach always wins over mountains for me!


X love


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

VernazaVernaza
Vernaza

Cinque Terre
VernazaVernaza
Vernaza

Cinque Terre
HilltopHilltop
Hilltop

Cinque Terre
MoiMoi
Moi

Cinque Terre
IndiaIndia
India

Cinque Terre, crowded beach
Beach Party Beach Party
Beach Party

Cinque Terre
tourists???tourists???
tourists???

Cinque Terre
Dutch Boys and IDutch Boys and I
Dutch Boys and I

Watch the hands.....good fun boys!


Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb