Last Day in Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 20th 2006
Published: June 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This is our last full day in Florence. We got up very early to get in line at the Uffuzi Gallery since we didn't have advance tickets. An hour and a half, from 7:30- 9am. The Uffuzi was the biggest disappointment of the trip. For a world renowned aart museum it's being badly run. The place itself is run down, dirty and worse poorly lit. Most of the pictures are under glass too so you can't really see details. Felt like being at Disney World...they discourage you from going backwards if you want to take another look at something adn it's just so crowded. Some of the pictures I wanted to see weren't even there, they're on loan to other places.
But Florence itself is great....lively anytime of day and the food is unbelievable!! I'd like to be here in the winter though, without the tourists like me. We haven't had to use public transportation the whole time wwe've been here, everything so close to the hotel.
Went to the public maarket to buy lunch, cheese, fresh bread, fruits and cookies. We're taking a break during the hottest part of the day to make as many reservations as we can for the rest of the trip. We'll probably only do one more museum heree, havee a good dinner tonight and leave early for Rome, stopping in Siennaa on the way.

NOTE TO GARY: open all the mail, pay the bills and throw away the junk mail...love ya

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb