last day in florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
September 23rd 2011
Published: September 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

the lobby weve been staying in randomly plays pink floyd and i love it. i'm going to miss florence, it's so pretty here, but i cannot waaaaait to go to rome tomorrow!!!!

monday we took a day trip to pisa. it was alright, it was the first day it rained and it was a little cold. we went to the "square of miracles," the only real attraction was the leaning tower of pisa, which was really cool to get to see. we basically only spent about an hour there, but we got to take pictures so that was really the main thing to do there. on our way out a few people got mcdonalds which made everyone really really really want some haha.

tuesday after class we went to the pizza place jersey shore people worked at. they had all their pictures and clothes all over the place, and the pizza was delicious! and cheap! then we painted frescos, which is just paint on a piece of plaster, i painted a peacock feather but it's pretty faded and not that great due to the fact that i'm not an artist. after dinner, well no one really ate dinner since it wasn't good that night, we walked to find a mcdonalds. it was refreshing hahah (never thought i'd use those words to describe mcdonalds). i got chicken nuggets, fries, and a coke! tasted just like american mcdonalds 😊 and KETCHUP how i missed thee. theyd only give you one packet and only if you got nuggets, and made you pay for anymore, it was worth the twenty euro cent for the second packet. it was definitely comforting.

wednesday we went to sienna. it was pretty cool, we walked around the city a lot. it's really neat looking, everything is still medieval like, really narrow streets and lots of hills too. they have a horse race there twice a year which is really famous.

thursday i had my verbal exam for itailan, which i think went pretty well. then we got pizza from gusta pizza, which was delicious. i fiiiiiiinally did laundry after over two weeks. and we all went out because it was our last night to go out in florence. it was a lot of fun, italian guys at bars are extra creepy. oh and they had popcorn sitting out instead of peanuts?

friday i got to sleep in, then we went to "the hills" which is a giant hill that when you walk to the top you get an amazing view of the entire city. it was incredible. then i took a little nap and then we were off to get jersey shore pizza again, soooo good. and i had my last florentine gelatto 😞. and i need to study for my italian final tomorrow!!!

florence was amazing, it is even more beautiful than they say and pictures of it will never do the real thing justice. i am more than excited to finally go to rome tomorrow and get settled in! the bus ride is like 4 hours. i dont know when i'll have internet again but it probably wont be that long. maybe a week? then next weekend is OKTOBERFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

also if anyone wants to send me a care package:
towels, herr's salt n vinegar chips, peanut butter, conditioner

😊

Advertisement



26th September 2011

Keeping Up With Emily
I knew you would love Florence. Reading your blog brings back so many memories. Hm!!! You are certainly getting your fill of pizza. Of course I know you're exercising daily. I know exactly where you're apartment in Rome will be located. You are so blessed with this wonderful opportunity. What kind of towels??? Bath, Hand and Wash Cloths

Tot: 0.425s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb