Trip Wrap-Up


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 2nd 2006
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last day in Italy, and the time has gone much too quickly. We did no blogging in Orvieto, because they only seemed to have one Internet Point in the city, and that spot did not allow us to upload any photos.

We are now back in Florence, and spent the day touring museums and the city in general.

Tomorrow we board the plane early for Paris, and hope to make our connection to take us on to San Fran.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

View from our roomView from our room
View from our room

This is the view from our room in Orvieto - not bad for a convent.
The Duomo in OrvietoThe Duomo in Orvieto
The Duomo in Orvieto

Oddly enough, we walked for hours in the small hilltop town of Orvieto before we were able to find the Duomo, but it was worth it.
Etruscan TombEtruscan Tomb
Etruscan Tomb

We also toured the Etruscan tombs that have been excavated just down the hill from the town of Orvieto. These tombs date from the first and second centuries, B.C.
Wall WalkWall Walk
Wall Walk

We also discovered this amazing walk along the old defense wall of Orvieto. It offered wonderful views of the city.
FlorenceFlorence
Florence

In Florence, we walked up a hill to a nice viewpoint, which offered stunning views of the city.
Church CeilingChurch Ceiling
Church Ceiling

This is the ceiling in one of the churches we toured today. Because it is a holiday in Italy, a number of these sites were free.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb