Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
November 25th 2010
Published: November 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cosimos de Medici and Elenora de Toledo were the ruling leaders of Italy in the 1500's. Today, we walked across the Arno river and visited the Pitti Palace, with the Boboli Garden. I was more interested in the Garden and we checked that out first. The landscape architect was fantastic. The slow growing Cypress and Sycamore trees of Tuscany were huge. In the garden, there were signs everywhere telling you not to drink the water. Honestly, I was not even tempted.

This palace and its rooms were so beautiful. The Medici family had 11 children and this house was definitely big enough. There was a "Costume Exhibit" in part of the palace. It consisted of women's fashions of the day. Under a very dim light, they had the actual burial clothing of Cosimos and Elenora. It was really nice to see the fabric over 500 years old, however, David and I agreed that they should not have dug them up. Not nice. The gardens were very nice, however it is winter here to they are not lush and green. Also, pictures could not really do the palace any justice. You need a post card for that!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb